Image Best Practices
Generally the editor will automatically scale images so it fits your site. However, we still recommend that you optimize images before adding them to the editor.
Keep in mind:
- Background images should be maximum 2000 px width, and can have any height (we recommend optimizing for 1920 x 1080 px as the highest viewport)
- Images used on a site should be maximum 1200 px width and any height (this is to be able to fill out the full content area)
- Compress images to a reasonable file size (depends on how many details are in the image) - the smaller the better, but it’s the designers call not to compress the image too much that it gets pixelated.
- The editor tool scales an image to the proper width, to accommodate for where the image is used (e.g. a specific column width), except for background-images which has a more ‘generic’ use.
- The editor also scales the image sizes for proper view in each viewport, the same way as scaling for column widths.