In order to set up payments you must fill out the preferences related to the individual provider. It is thus a different setup you must follow whichever payment provider you are about to set up. Below you will find how to fully complete the fields in order to activate WorldPay UK Payment. Please note we have no control over the interface on this provider so your experience on the site may be slightly different, however the steps will likely be similar.
Disclaimer: Before syncing a payment gateway with the Editor you need to first create a separate account with the payment gateway. This usually requires you providing your bank details and selecting an appropriate subscription type with that particular payment gateway. Please be aware that the Editor is only set up to accept direct credit card payments via payment gateways, not alternative payment methods such as mobile payments, payments in instalments, etc. Make sure to keep this in mind when selecting your subscription type with the payment gateway and avoid choosing a type that supports alternative payment methods.
Sign up with WorldPay UK here.
Once you have registered an account you can log in here and progress through the steps below to integrate it with the Editor.
PAYMENT METHOD NAME
Often the consumer doesn't recognize the name of Payment Gateways and therefore might not know what payment option is it associated with. It is helpful to add a Payment Method Name that the consumer will recognize.
CLIENT KEY, SERVICE KEY & MERCHANT ID
1. Login to your Worldpay account and find the Settings menu on the upper right corner of the dashboard.
2. Once you have clicked on Settings, choose the API Keys option.
3. On the API Keys section you will be able to find the Merchant ID, the Service Key and the Client Key. Now all you must do is paste them in the respective fields under the Payment Method in the editor.
1. Under the Settings menu, click on the Forms section.
2. Once in the Forms section, edit the form you wish to associate with your checkout flow in the editor.
3. Once in the editing section you can find the template code as the last option on the left side panel. All you must do is copy and paste it in the relevant field in the editor.
Finish by clicking on Save and toggle on in the option to enable the payment gateway. Keep in mind that orders first get processed to Worldpay when the order is completed within the Shop
1. Worldpay accounts must first be Activated with Worldpay and the merchant before working.
Depending on the business type and risk Worldpay will request further information. This may requires bank statements supplementary documentation.
Here is the official guide to do that: https://developer.worldpay.com/jsonapi/faq/articles/how-do-i-activate-my-worldpay-account
2. Once the account has been activated you can then use the live Client key and service key that will be shown on the account and then you can take live transactions.
The activation normally takes 3-4 days to be approved and they will get an email to confirm once the account is activated and this is done through the activation button within the account.
3. For activation queries to Worldpay, the merchant should contact 0208 185 0606 and select option 2 to check the progress currently.
4. You can test transactions is working on the website with test card details such as:
Card Name: SUCCESS (if you want to simulate a successful payment) or FAILED (if you want to simulate a unsuccessful payment)
Card Number: 4444 3333 2222 1111
PAYMENT SETTINGS - OVERVIEW